This recipe was born from my love of chicken and a desire for a tasty recipe that takes almost no effort. Also, I use this as a multi-meal recipe, because leftovers are king for us busy people.
- 2-4 lbs - Chicken legs or a combination of legs and thighs, or legs and breasts - skin on
- 1-2 tbsp - Cooking fat of choice - avocado, coconut, or olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp - Dried minced garlic
- 1-2 tbsp - Dried minced onion
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Optional: ½ tsp of paprika
- Heat oven to 300 degrees
- If using coconut oil melt in warming oven
- Pull chicken out of packets
- Place chicken pieces in glass baking dish skin up - I often use my 9x13 dish
- Pour cooking fat over chicken - use fingers or a basting brush to distribute over all the pieces
- Sprinkle the minced garlic and onion over chicken
- Put in warmed oven
- Check at 45 minutes cooking time.
- Dish is done when largest piece of chicken is at 165 degrees
- Eat the crap out of it!
Also, try not to be impatient if you think the recipe is taking longer than the prescribed time. I've given a lower oven temperature so that the minced garlic and onions don't burn. They will BURN if you turn it up too close to 350. Longer cooking times can occur depending on your oven, how cold the chicken was when you put it in the oven, how big the chicken pieces are, etc.